Do you ever…DREAM about what type of play you’d make if you were in charge? IMAGINE what it’s like to be a director? WONDER how a theatre chooses its shows? Filament needs 3rd-8th graders just like you to join our team!
Join SPARK and choose the art, plays, and projects made at Filament this year.
How does it work?
SPARK is a program of new art, plays, and projects chosen by young people.
- Join our team of Youth Curators.
- Attend special workshops with Filament directors, actors, and designers.
- Review amazing ideas from artists all over the country.
- Choose your 3 favorite ideas and see them brought to life at Filament this spring and summer.
What will I be doing?
Youth curators will meet virtually on Saturdays from 10:30 – 11:30am from Feb. 13 – March 6.
Curators will learn how elements like design and community affect the types of plays you see on stage. Curators will learn what it’s like to run a theatre, how to select new plays for production, and choose 3 new projects that will be developed and performed at Filament between April and June 2021 as part of the SPARK program: new work for young people, curated by young people.
Youth curators will also have the opportunity to attend workshops with the professional artists they select for the SPARK program.
How do I join?
- Apply here by January 24th, 2021.
- You will need a letter of recommendation from any adult who knows you well.
- If we have a spot for you, you will be notified via email by January 29th.
- There are no fees or tuition for this program.