Filament Theatre is a 4000 sqft flexible performance space located in the heart of the Historic Six Corners Shopping District. The performance area and seating arrangements shift based on the specific event you plan to attend.
- Filament Theatre is located at 4041 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60641. Filament is positioned on the first floor of the Portage Arts Lofts building. The building also features The National Veteran’s Art Museum, The Chicago Ballet Center, and the Six Corners Association.
About the space:
- Filament Theatre is located on the first floor and provides space for patrons in wheelchairs to remain in their wheelchair while viewing the performance.
- Filament has two all gender / family restrooms. There are additional restrooms available on the second floor
- Filament is easily accessible via the Irving Park exit on 90/94. Turn west on Irving Park Ave and at the six corners turn slight right onto Milwaukee Ave. Filament will be on your right across from the Portage Theatre.
- Public transit: Take the Blue Line to Irving Park and transfer to the Irving Park Bus (#80) headed west. Get off at Cicero & Milwaukee.
- Milwaukee Bus #56 & Irving Park Bus #80
- A Divvy station is located across the street from Filament on West Cuyler Ave.
- Street parking is available in front of the theater. Meters are active from 8am-10pm Monday-Saturday with a 3 hour maximum at $2/hr.
- Filament’s patrons are also welcome to park in the Sears parking lot located on the corner of Cicero Ave & Irving Park Ave.
- Additional parking is available at the Laporte Ave. Public Parking Lot located 1 block west of the theater via West Cuyler Ave.
- Filament provides a concessions stand with popcorn and drinks for purchase at all Filament productions. Concessions availability may vary for rental events.
- All concessions sales are recognized as donations toward fulfilling Filament’s mission.